Tuesday 19 May 2020

My Special Place

My Special Place
We had been driving all day, and I was super tired and getting MAD! it was starting to get dark.
Dad had asked Google for directions and we had got lost. Again! 


Finally we pulled into the pleasant point camp site.
I could see Nana and Grandad's caravan along with tents full of cousins and Auntys.
We got out of the car and I could smell the pine trees.
It was quite apart from the birds and a couple of kids in the playground.
There was a huge field, a tennis court and lots of trees.
We set up our tent quickly because it was getting dark.
I was excited to be there, this was Nana's special place,
she would bring the family here every year to go to the carnival at Caroline Bay. 


In the morning we went to the Carnival.
We went on rides and ate lots of hot dogs and candy floss.
It was so much fun! At night we played spotlight. Grandad was wearing white shorts which made him way too easy to see. 
It was Nanas last trip to Pleasant Point, her cancer got bad and she died later that year. 

The next summer after Xmas we went back to my favourite place.
It still smelled of pine and the birds were still singing but only grandad was there.
We played tennis and walked around the trees.
I found an acorn and it reminded me of my special place and my very special nana who I miss very much.

This is my acorn today

3 comments:

  1. Hi Hazel,
    That sounds like a very special place. I am sorry to hear that your Nana died. I have also done a piece of special place writing earlier this term. What is your favourite thing to do at Caroline Bay? I have never been there but it sounds great.
    Keep it up
    Molly :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi hazel its latoia I like your blog post about your special place it sounds like a nice place to go to. I like how you have put a picture and described it a lot. You post a lot of good posts have a good day. Keep up with the great work. Bye for now

    Latoia

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments.